Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Ancester Dream

I dreamed about my Aunt Toot this morning. It seemed that she and Uncle Sam were dead and people were cleaning out thier house. I went in the living room and there on a shelf was a beautiful set of antique looking dishes..vases etc. I saw immediately that they resembled the tiny figurine I have that was my mother's that she found in the ashes of thier house that burned. It was the only thing saved. It is a little scorched and broken, but I treasure it. I was so surprised to see other things that seemed to be of the same make. I was wondering if the family would give them to me...and I woke up. But it made me think of my Dad's side of the family. They were all very special to me. They had three sons, Boyd, Eugene and Marvin who died young. They went to the temple late in life. When asked why they didn't go sooner, Aunt Toot (Flora Mae) said, "Nobody asked us to." Aunt Toot and Uncle Sam always made you feel welcome and loved. She was funny. Her real name is Flora. When she was small everyone would say how cute she was, so when people asked her name she would say "I'm Toot". It stuck. She always had good food smelling up her house. Uncle Sam was so mild and kind. He would just smile when Aunt Toot would scold him for something. She always had pretty flowers and grapevines. We went to thier house more than any other. My Dad died in thier home.
I don't remember much about Uncle Lyman (Lyme). He didn't live here until later in life when he had a stroke and just laid in bed. He couldn't talk. It was so sad. He had five kids:Enid, Chrystal, Lyman, Lela, Charlie and one more I can't remember the name. His first wife was Nina Atwood. He married Mary and had more children, I can't remember any names but Billy.
Aunt Wealthy was deaf and hard to talk to. I was a little afraid of her..for no reason except she couldn't hear me. She would walk from Vernal to our place in Dry Fork and stay a couple of days till my Dad would take her home. Every morning she would be out early sweeping the porched and walks. Her kids were not good to her. She had Martin, Mandy, Lola and Thomas.
I don't remember much about Uncle Lyman (Lyme). He didn't live here until later in life when he had a stroke and just laid in bed. He couldn't talk. It was so sad. He had five kids:Enid, Chrystal, Lyman, Lela, Charlie and one more I can't remember the name
Aunt Lonie and Uncle Birt Caldwell had a big family, Evs, Chellus, Morris, Hugh, May?, Edith and June. She was a cute round little person. Always good natured and sweet. She was religious in the church and Uncle Burt smoked..but never where she could see him.
Aunt Roxie was the fun one. She sang and played the guitar. She lost her first husband, ? Alexander who was father to Everett, Zina and Thursa. Then married
Uncle Mac McQuarry. I loved to have them come visit because they were all funny. Thursa, especially. She loved to sing, dance and play the guitar. Her voice was not pretty, but she sure could raise her voice in singing funny stuff. My favorite was "Frankie and Jonnie".
My dad, Joshua Chellus Hall III, played the spanish guitar before I remember. I only remember him playing a couple of times, but I guess he played for dances when younger. Ijust remember him playing, "Old Dan Tucker." My dad was the most loving, kind person you'ld ever meet. He always had pink mints or some other candies for what ever children he might encounter. He was called "Uncle Josh" by many, many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment