Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Getting Older Every Day
Here it is Fall again. We've hardly had a summer. We are having a beautiful Indian Summer. Warm and Sunny. Nights are cooler. About six weeks ago I started having pain in my groin. It got worse and worse. Dr. James White had just started coming to my painting class, so he observed my pain and said I might have a fractured hip or pelves. I got Xrays the next day and it didn't show a fracture so they put a cortizone shot in my hip the week before Ed Week. It didn't take until Monday afternoon in Provo...our first day there. I had a great week till Friday afternoon when the pain returned. My knee was bothering me alot too, so they gave me a shot in the knee. That was supposed to tell if it or my hip was the real problem. The hip was the problem, so a CT was called for which showed a fracture in the hip in the part that makes a cup for the ball to fit in. So...I am broken. However, Dr White says that it should heal if I stay on a walker for three months and take care for six. I hope that is so, but it is so hard to do anything much with a walker. But I am trying. Getting old certainly is not for sissys. Sometimes I am a sissy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hope you feel better and get better soon. We miss you!! Enjoy the nice fall weather your having. we are having nice weather too..If only it would last as long as we would like.
ReplyDelete