I will be starting this new year with a new hip in February. I have been dealing with a fractures pelvas for six months hoping it would heal it's self, but a Dr. Kubiac in SLC University Hospital says it won't. Wanda took me out to see him and we scheduled the surgery for Feb. 25th. I am at the point of being excited to get it done.
It has been an interesting few months. I started teaching Dr. James White painting lessons the day before my fracture happened. It was the day we (I and girls) had our Gangster Video night with Niles and Connie's Model T. Dr. White came the next Wednesday and I was cripping around on CR's too big crutches. He analized the situation and ordered me to get an Xray nest day. It didn't show so eventually after some shots here and there they took a CTscan which showed it plainly. He thought it should heal it's self but no luck. I had gone to a Dr. Hughes last June who had me take an upper and lower GI stomach probe. A few weeks ago he called me in because they found a bad bacteria in my stomach, but when he saw my hip problem, he got excited and called Dr Woodward (my primary Dr.) who called Dr White and Dr Young (surgen) and Dr Perry (radiologist). Dr White talked to Dr Perry and Dr Mason (another sergon) and Dr Perry about it. He, Dr Perry and Dr Mason thought it could still heal it'self. Dr Young, Dr Hughes and Dr Woodward thought I should have surgery now. So they sent me to Dr Kubiac who said I could choose to go on like I am in pain or have surgery and not have pain. I said "Okay. When?" He said he was booked up for three months but go get it set up. Well, the guy who mades the appointments had an opening for Feb 25 so that's as soon as it can be. I go in to Dr Hughes Monday about my stomach I guess...Whew...Too Many Doctors.
Last night I had a real bad night and couldn't relax all night. I read till about 2am, turned on music till 3am, took a soaking bath, went to the pottie a couple of times, got up about 6am and did email...Jonathon and Meghan came about 10pm with thier dogs which turned Shay on and woke me up good. They have this big golden lab that scared me when I got up at 4am and 6am again, so went back to bed about 7:30 but by then my nerves were at the breaking point. I started shaking and my muscles tightened up till I couldn't stand it. I called Wendy on the phone and told her to get Carl Ray for a blessing and to call Dr White. They finally got there. Wendy worked on my stiff leg till it was better but as soon as they gave me the blessing I finally relaxed. I am so tired. I just stayed in bed...finally got dressed though and Dr White called and came over again with a perscription for Valium to be used only when really needed. He brought his eight yr old daughter, Rosie to see the paintings. He really likes my Yellow Roses in the Kitchen. He is just the nicest man. He is about 6ft 4.
Last year was not too healthy. Hope this one is better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i am sorry you had so many troubles with your pains in your body..I hope after your surgery next month you will be in tip top shape again!! We are thinking of you and wish we could see you soon!!
ReplyDelete