Sunday, August 5, 2012

August Family Reunion

Whew!  What a weekend !  All five of my children and all but four of my grandchildren and All but four of my great-grandchildren were here!  Landon in on his mission, Jimmy and Jake were not able to be here. Justin and April with their two, Tegan and Bridger coldn't make it either. But I had Gary and Erin's Mason (3 mos old)is the youngest and I got to hold him alot. He's so sweet and so much like Gary. Nick, Sara and kids, Ellie and Aidan came from Michigan. Gabe and Parker, Candice, Dave and kids, Colton, Abbi, Jaxon and Grayson were here for Wanda. Wendy had Megan & Jeff and Jonathon & Mehgan and Johannah & Remi.  All of Gay's family was here....Chrystal & Blue, Dillon, Valerie, kids, Sydney, London and Turin (Buddy, who I had not seen before. So like Dillon). Brandi, Paul and theirs - Zachary & Gracie from Cheyenne came. Josh & Mindy and their three, Logan, twins, Clair and Jane were here from South Jordan. Richard,  Megan & Jeff came Friday night and Johannah came Saturday. Matt had to work and had school classes.  Barry, Layne & Pam came too. Sooo, how many is that?  Five of mine, Barry, Wanda & Carl Ray, Wendy, Gay & Duane and Layne & Pam = eight.  Gary & Erin, Nick & Sara, Gabe, Candice & Dave, Megan & Jeff, Jonathon & Meghan, and Johanna. Five - mine, Eleven grandkids, and seventeen greats.  =  Thirty three??? Wow?  Plus Justin, Tegan, Bridger, Landon, Matt, Jim and Jake there would have been  thirty nine without spouces.  I seem to make things very confusing to figure out, don't I? Anyway, we sure had a bunch of us and had lots of fun.

It was so great to have Nick's family here for a couple of nights.  They are a most special family.  Nick saw a problem I have with one of the sprinklers that have been broken in the ground and he proceeded to fix it.  He had to dig it up and cut a bunch of tree roots off that had caused the problem. Barry came Friday morning and helped him finish fixing it.  I really enjoy Sara and the kids too.

The Parents and older kids went down the river Friday while the grandparents (& I) tended the eight babies under four years old all day long.  I mostly held Gary and Erin's little Mason till I had to come to the house and fix food for the night BBQ. Wanda packed him around while she worked.  He likes to be held.  Everyone had a great time on the river except Candice when she lost her $3000 wedding ring in the river.  They looked and looked but couldn't find it. Dave and CarlRay even went back Saturday to try to find it, but no use.

After eating, I did my Patsy Cline thing and everyone laughed at me.  I got Duane to sing that witch song...Another Man Dead?? Marie La Voo??  He does it so good. Then Wanda played a DVD for Abbi and Ellie to dance to, but they wouldn't so I got Barry to dance with me. Wow! He had me twirling around and around. It was fun though.

Saturday we went to the Dinasaur place and saw the new buildng with all the dinasaur bones. It was worth the trip.  We came back to the Trading Post for a while and then had lunch at  the Sub Sandwitch place.  We were supposed to go to Gay's for a B-day party for Logan, but we were so late that we didn't go. I feel bad that I didn't call and tell them. Chrystal went all out for it like she always does. I spent the afternoon cutting up chicken to dutch oven cook for night at Gays. They took the kids to Motts to ride their train at four pm. I was still busy.  Layne and Pam came and helped me with the fire pit . Gabe started the fire and Layne made it work. Nobody came for a long time later than I thought they would so I went ahead and did the potatoes for Wanda too.

Everyone cooked in the dutch ovens and it was so good.  Layne made a really good cassarole dinner.  Dillon ( I think) did desserts.  I couldn't help but feel that Oral was watching all the kids playing in her back yard. They had such fun. It was fun to watch them. I didn't do my Patsy Cline thing and was in trouble with Gay and family that didn't go to Wanda's the night before and I felt so bad to let her down.  She had done so much planning.  So this morning before going to church I went over and did it fore them and got to tell them goodbye. 

In church this morning we were encouraged again to record special things. So decided I should write these things down befor forgetting as I usually do.  It was so special to just watch all of these children that came from me and my Bob.  I hoped he was watching along with Oral.  They are each and every one so very special to me.  Each one unique in their own ways.  How blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment