APRIL 12, 2013
Wish I was more faithful in this. By the time I get to it, I have forgotten the spirit of the occasions. I think it was in February that Barry had a kidney stone and a heart attack from the medication they gave him. He was on his way to work when he was struck with terrible pain. He drove to the hospital and called Temi and Chelsie. Chelsie rushed over and got him in the hospital where they gave him some medication and put him in the CTscan thing or was it the other machine??? Anyway, his heart stopped and they had to shock him to make it work again. He had sore ribs for a while. I am sure the details about this experience is different if Temi was telling it, but I just wanted to have this to remind me of how fragile life is. They flew him to Grand Junction to St. Mary's Hospital where they took care of the kidney stone. He was there a couple of days. He seems to have recovered fine. I worry about how hard he works in the cold weather. It's hard to accept that I have a son sixty one. That makes me eighty one in June this year. Most of the time I don't believe it, but sometimes, more and more, I believe it!
He, Barry, has been working in Texas for the past couple of months and it looks like he will be staying there for a few more months. Temi will go down every couple of weeks to visit him. I think they have gotten someone to do the farming this summer. They found a place in Texas that would be wonderful for them, but they would have to sell the ranch. That would be hard to face, but if it would make life easier for him, that is what is important.
Landon is still in the Las Vegas Mission and has had some growing experiences there. I think he has done quite well considering being in a big city area. Most of his companions seem to have been good for him. One kind of challenging though. He is such a great guy.
Wendy has moved into her house now and I do miss her. Nights especially. The builders have not been too good in finishing up things so she is struggling with problems every day. I am so surprised at the character of these men who don't seem to be bothered by not following through with the work they do. Her builder has given her nothing but grief, not remembering what she says she wants done, the plumber and electrician don't show up when they say....But, when she ever gets it all together, it will be wonderful. She has created a beautiful house from an old homemade one. She shows so much talent in figuring out things. She completely changed the whole house.
Gay and Duane are finally back home in their newly refurbished house. He has been in Alaska for three ? years?? Seems like a really long time . So now he will be working for the same people from down here. Not sure how it works, but at least, they are home. Gay is doing some kind of geneology work for a cousin of Carl Ray's. Right up her alley and she gets paid! Sure is good to have them back.
My dear friend Doris Burton is having a real struggle. She fell and apparently bruised her bone in her knee and is in constant pain, not able to get around without a wheelchair. Today I visited and she is suffering with a bad head ache also. She spent a couple of months in a Bee Hive House but decided she would do as well at home. She worries me a lot.
I have been trying to do yard work this spring and it is really painful. Seems like my back just aches no matter what I do. It is hard to see so much to do and not be able to just get after it and do it. Except for my back, I do very well. I mentally do not think I am eighty. I have been going out once in a while with a friend, Venil Johnson who is ninety one. He surly does not seem like it. He is lonely and we have lunch every once in a while. He is a really nice man. Wanda invited him to dinner one Sunday and made us play dominos after. I think he enjoyed it. I did too, but I don't let the girls know it. They have fun giving me a bad time.
This past winter has been very cold and we had more snow than I can remember for many years. I think we had at least eighteen inches here. The mountains not so good. It is finally starting to warm up and then we get really cold for a few days and wind. Today was better so hope it stays and doesn't freeze the fruit. It got the apples the last two years.
The state of our country is fast disintegrating. There's a new tax coming up called a rain tax. Unbelievable. There is a new thing with the schools called the Core learning that is another strike against what our children will be taught. It is so bad. People really need to teach at home. When it is not safe to send a child to a school it is time to keep them home. We have no control of what they are being taught and it is not good. Parents don't have rights anymore. Sooo depressing. Time to close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment