Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm Mumbling for a Bit

YoYo! I'm here!

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if I am too old for this sort of thing. Gay is trying to help me, but I still get confused. Whatever I did got me here though, so guess I am able to get here at least once.

    I do wonder who in the heck thought of the name 'BLOG' for this new way to write in your journal?? I think 'FOG' would have fit better.

    This is the first day for Jonathon to be in the MTC in Provo for his mission to Utica, New York. The last couple of days has been a bit stressful but all is well now. I think he will be a great missionary. He has personality plus on his side and that is half the battle. It seems pretty strange to know he is gone from this house. He will not be popping in and out as he has lately. Last Sunday was his farewell sacrament meeting talk. He did a great job and touched our hearts with his sincerity. But..Monday afternoon he came jumping through the house, throwing his hands in the air, saying (at the top of his lungs) "I got my first baptismal committment!!" He had gone to take a video back to the store and the woman working there told him that her husband had gone to church with her Sunday and was so impressed with his talk that he came home and wanted to see the missionaries. He wanted to get baptised! He thought if the church could inspire a young man to give 2 years of his life at the age of nineteen, he wanted whatever it was. Pretty impressive, huh? We never know when what we do is a channel for the Holy Ghost to do his work. I think Wendy will have a harder time adjusting than Jonathon. He's missing his girl, but she will miss him and his need for her. I'm not sure they will let her call him to make sure he is awake in the mornings. It's a brand new stage of our lives. It will be good.

    ReplyDelete