Yesterday, May 2nd, I and Wendy went on a bus trip to the Manti Temple. I had been there before when I went with Jeanett and Buz. I just remembered that Barry and Gaye were sealed there too, but I don't remember much about the temple itself. When Jeanett went the man who played the part of John took us all over and showed us the spiral staircase, solomn assembly room, the doors to the Holy of Holies, about the handclasps on door knobs and best of all, the little room off the celestial room where Jesus appeared to Wilford Woodruf. At that time I had the most wonderful sensation, to be standing near the place where Jesus actually stood. I was anxious to see it again and was not dissppointed. It is the most beautiful room I have ever seen. It is white and powder blue with gold touches. It is impossible to describe.
We were supposed to have time there for the Temple President to talk with us, but it didn't happen. There were so many people there I guess there wasn't time between groups. In our session there must have been over one hundred people. That temple is huge! The colors are values of pink and salmon with the soft white and touches of gold. One chandelier I saw in a sealing room off the celestial room was so big... I think it must be at least four feet in diameter.
It was a long ride there and back. It rained all the way there. I forgot that we were to bring a lunch so there I and Wendy sat with our little breakfast bars etc. Mike Miles and Dixie were prepared for such as us and shared their ham & cheese, chips and grapes so we fared fine. Kind of embarrassing though.
I have been struggling to get rid of a few cats before they all have babies, but Wendy heard little kitty sounds under the porch. I think it is the blue-eyed simese momma. I have another that looks like a little baloon. I love little kitties, but they grow up and multiply like rabbits.
That's all for now..Time for church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment