The third week of August always means Education Week. It has become a tradition for me and my girls, Wanda, Wendy, Gay(when here) to go together. This year was especially special because Chrystal came with us. Megan came one day. We missed Brandi though. She didn't have anyone to watch Zacary, but we did get to see her a couple of times. We had breakfast with them on Saturday before coming home. That Zacary is so cute and fun!
We all went to almost every class from 8:30 in the morning to the last class at 8:30 at night. We also got to go to a night program on Tuesday night of Joseph's Coat of Many Colors. It was kind of a modern version musical. The talent was exceptional. I made it to two or three of the favorite music classes...James O Miner, Michael Balam and Marvin Goldstien. They talk and play the piano. I have to say, Marvin is my favorite. He is the Jewish-Morman. He always reminds us that we wouldn't have Christmas if it wasn't for the Jews...Rosies are Red, Violets are bluish, We wouldn't have Christmas if it wasn't for the Jewish. He is really funny. James O Miner is a soft spoken pianist and always more spiritual...but can play anything anyone can throw at him when he asks for requests. Michael Balam is the Opera guy. He has a wonderful vibroto voice you hear in Operas. He usually relates music to our state of minds. Right and Left brain stuff.
I got to go to Barbara B Jones (a favorite..she came to one of our Relief Society Woman's Conferences in Craig one time) and Mary Ellen Edwards is funny...The others were more on the scriptures. They were really good. They take the ordinary stories we grew up on and put a whole different image to them. Everything is a type or symbol of Christ. Noah did die for three days...I always wondered how the Lord kept him alive in a bubble or something in that big fist...then rose again in three days. Those instructers are so smart. Sometimes I just sit and marvel at how they bring the scriptures to life and make sense of things that don't.
Today, August 23,2009 we went to the Oquirr Mountain Temple opening..at least we saw and participated in it via sattalite. The temples are really starting to dot the whole earth! This one is the second this summer.
My garden is yeilding squash now. I put the extras out in a basket by the road for whoever wants them. Today I got two dollars that someone left! Last year someone left a dozen eggs and I got a thank you note from someone..no names.
Wendy has an eye infection or something today. It is really red and she says it really hurts. Hope she is better tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like you guys had a great time. One of these years I am going to have to go with you girls!!
ReplyDelete