It has been a busy few weeks. Jonathon's wedding, Thanksgiving at Wanda's, our Wardell party. Christmas busyness... My favorite times are always when the family gets together. I LOVE my family! They are all so great. Our family party was especially wonderful for me because all my kids were here together. But, these 'kids' are not very young any more...so guess what that makes me? Landon and Joshua, Megan and Mr and Mrs Jonathon were the only grandkids. Everyone did a part on the program and it was quite hillarious. Pam had Layne, Landon, Temi and Barry read Dr. Suess's version of the Book of Mormon. Barry told how the Angel got to the top of the Christmas Tree. (I think I didn't really get what I was supposed to from that story) Wanda read a story dresses as a cute elf person. Wendy told about the meaning of Twelve Days of Christmas and Jonathon and Meghan shared a cute story. The final touch was Gay and Duane impersonating Julia Childs demonstrating an artichoc/spinach dip. Gay did the talking - Duane's hands did the mixing as though they belonged to Gay. It was awesome. Joshua really got a kick out of that, especially when Gay's nose itched and Duane's hands had to scratch it with cream cheese hands. The food was great as usual and much to much. Gay and Wanda made really good soups and there were lots of finger foods.
Christmas it's self was more quiet. Gay went to Brandi's and took Chrystal. Wendy went to Jonathon's new apartment. Gabe and Parker, and Justin, April and Tegan came home for Christmas day and Candic's family came next day. I think I have never seen so many presents and toys. We are all a bit spoiled, I'm afraid. There was just too much.
We have gotten a few pretty good snow storms. There was probably 14 or 15 inches in the back yard. Then the cold closed in and doesn't want to leave. I keep hoping for a January thaw, but so far it just gets colder. How greatful for warm houses with central heat, running water that doesn't freeze (so far) and wood for my little fireplace that makes it seem so comfortable and cheery.
I am hoping that I will be able to follow through with my resolution to learn the new family history program and actually DO some temple work. All I seem to ever acomplish so far is to up date stuff. Gay is helping me so maybe...?
It is a pretty scary time for our country. Our new President Obama promised changes and has really filled that promise. The economy is terrible. Everything is a mess. He is spending us into a terrible depression. People are out of work..We can count on higher taxes...socialism is taking over...Where will it end? Not good. We can only pray that the Lord will somehow rescue us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am glad you had a good Christmas. Wish we lived closer so we could come visit more often!!
ReplyDelete